1) Ask the Lord of the Harvest to thrust forth workers-for Christians from other people groups who are living in the same country, missionaries from other countries in the Third World, and North American missionaries. (See Matthew 9:37-38). Pray specifically according to the need of your adopted people as, beyond cross- cultural church planters, they may need Bible translators, literacy specialists, Gospel recordists, etc.
2) Pray that your people group is sent only missionaries who are well trained and sensitive to the leading of God's Spirit.
3) Pray for God to connect intercessors and intercessory prayer groups with: 1) the knowledge of your adopted people group, 2) a source of ongoing information concerning the progress of work taking place among them, 3) news political, catastrophical, religious opposition, etc.) that could either adversely or positively effect your people group. Pray that God would burden other intercessors hearts to commit to ongoing prayer on their behalf.
4) Ask God for a "door of utterance." (See Colossians 4:3-4, etc.) This is a two-sided door: The door of the speaker and the door of the hearer. The message must be understandable to the hearer. It must be an answer to his or her felt need not what the speaker thinks is the hearer's felt need. These people may not welcome outsiders and may not listen readily to ideas of changing their religion. Pray that God will prepare hearts to receive His messengers, the message, and His Son as their Savior .
5) The members of your adopted people, like all people without Christ, are walking according to the standards of
this world carried about by what everyone else is doing. Pray that when God's messengers arrive, there will be some who will dare to go against the grain of peer pressure and receive God's servants graciously and listen to their message. Pray that God will especially prepare heads of families and community leaders to embrace the Gospel so that the Gospel might spread rapidly into a people movement.
6) Ask God to begin to draw and prepare from among your adopted people some who will become apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers (Ephesians 4:11).
7) Since the "prince of the power of the air" has complete dominion over your adopted people, enter into spiritual warfare that will surround both the messengers and the recipients of the Gospel. You can pray that God will "bind the strong man of the house" so his possessions can be taken from him. When you enter into the warfare of interceding for unreached peoples, pray for your own protection since you will suffer attacks from the enemy too.
8) Ask God to help new disciples to make a complete break with ancestral practices, which will give them
relief from the power of the spirits over them. Pray that they will have assurance that "Greater is He that is in (them) than he that is in the world."
9) Pray that an evangelizing, reproducing church will be planted among them, and that new disciples will rapidly grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.
10) Ask God to give your adopted people a burden for world evangelization and that they will be trained by missionaries and "equippers" (Eph. 4: 11) to effectively reach out to other people groups.
11) Since God has promised all the nations and the uttermost parts of the earth to His Son for an inheritance, (See Psalm 2) pray that Christ will soon possess his inheritance which is rightfully his including your adopted people group.
12) Thank God for all that has done, is doing and will do in response to your prayers and the prayers of any others who are standing in the gap for your adopted people.